Friday, April 24, 2015

Project 16: Teaching and Technology: Philosophy

When I began this class, I always thought I would take the traditional approach of teaching. I didn't see any of the benefits of teaching with technology. After learning and being able to use technology in my volunteering with elementary schools, I will use it. Not only does technology keep the children engaged and more entertained, but it also contains more information that you can only teach with the internet. For instance, blogging helps your writing skills and also connects you with individuals all over the world. With smaller kids, they can do interactive multimedia on the SmartBoard and utilize their motor skills.
One thing that I will keep the traditional approach on is text books. A lot of teachers have started putting kids text books on their iPads. I think highlighting information helps the kids retain knowledge. Although you can do this on an iPad, I have personally found it an easier way to retain knowledge by reading a book.
two asians on iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment