Friday, April 10, 2015

C4T Summaries

Kathy’s blog was about the transition from when she started using blogs ten years ago, until now. She mentioned how the technology has changed and has made it easier to become more kid friendly. It also has been easier to find other blogs of children outside of the United States for her classes to connect with. Kathy seems like an excellent teacher and was very brave ten years ago bringing in blogging to her classroom. 

Kathy,

This blog post makes me really excited to start my teaching career. Not only is blogging a good way for kids to connect with others outside of their normal circle, but its also a good way for them to learn how to use a computer, and basic websites as well. I think blogging expands a childs' mind and makes them think with a different perspective. 

A future educator,
Hannah Tolbert 

Kathy’s blog post was about a contest that was very unique. It challenged the students to get their winter clothes on as fast as they can, while also making more time for the teacher to get mandatory curriculum done. Not only does Mrs. Cassidy’s class do it, but it also went viral and now plenty of other classrooms challenge hers. 

Hi! My name is Hannah Tolbert and I am also a student at the University of South Alabama studying Elementary Education. I absolutely loved the idea of the race! Not only is it very cute, but its also a fun way to get them outside faster! It's also very cool how other people got involved, making it more fun for the kids! I hope I come up with a good plan like this whenever I start teaching!

Hannah


Kathleen Morris is a teacher in Victoria, Australia. She is currently on maternity leave, but luckily for her, she can still keep up with education with the internet. I find that very cool because I want to be able to still be in ‘the loop’ whenever I decide to start a family. 

Kathleen,

I have never really thought about how when you take maternity leave, how you aren't really in the loop. I am so thankful for technology for many reasons. Not only is it making it easier for me to learn how to be a good educator, but it is also giving me new insight on ways to learn tips and tricks. Great blog!

Hannah


Image of child typing on a  computer

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,
    Your blog assignment was very informative. You were able to clearly define the main points in all the areas. The assignment did state this blog was to be done as a collaborative project with your group. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete