Friday, March 13, 2015

Blog post 8

Randy Pausch was a very inspirational man. Not only was he an amazing educator, he was also a fighter. Most people are pessimistic about death, but he was optimistic. He brought out his best lectures knowing that his time would come soon. He was constantly trying to pursue his childhood dreams, and he often reminds me of myself. We were assigned to watch his last lecture video, and my only reaction is, "wow." He was very appreciative of the people thats helped him along the way and acknowledges them in this video. Often I see people get successful in their career and they forget about all the people that put in extra time to help them along the way. He also appreciated students imaginations, and allowed them to think outside of the box. I am thankful that Randy took on this different way of teaching and let us use his curriculum as a stepping stone. I will definitely be watching more of his videos as I get closer to my profession.  



Image of Randy Pausch



As I was searching about Randy, I came across this quote. It makes me think of school, and how often I'm just like, "This is too hard. I want to quit." This quote gives me hope and makes me continue to push myself just a little further. 
"The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people!" (reference

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah, good post! I concur, Randy was a very inspirational man! This video is by far my favorite, and I enjoyed writing this blog post. I loved Randy's passion and energy even though he only had a few more months to live. The quote about the brick wall will definitely stick with me, especially in this class ha ha.Let's continue to keep pushing and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,
    I thought Randy was a very inspirational speaker and person also! Going through what he has, it is amazing how much passion he has. The brick wall quote was one of my favorites as well. It reminded me that I am on the right track with my college career. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete